Who Qualifies for the Credit? | What Kind of Activities Qualify? | Contact Us
MIEC is pleased to announce a 5% Premium Credit for Patient Safety & Risk Management activities that improve your practices to ensure reduced liability risk, better patient safety and quality risk management.
We know you participate in these types of activities all the time to better serve your patients - now your efforts can be worth a 5% Premium Credit for the next 3 years!
Who Qualifies for the Credit?
Full-time physicians with individual limits of coverage.*
Complete an approved PSRM Activity within the 12 months preceding coverage inception.The eligibility deadline for the 2018 PSRM Credit is October 1, 2017. CALL TODAY to speak with a PSRM representative to see how you may qualify for the 5% credit on your renewal.**
The PSRM Premium Credit is also available for insureds who are not receiving a New to Practice premium credit, subject to certain conditions.
Hawaii insureds can receive the PSRM credit or PARS credit, but not both.
What Kind of Activities Qualify?
- Become a QUALITY CERTIFIED organization
- Implement a quality improvement program in your practice
- Participate in pain management education program and develop policies and procedures for your practice
Patient Satisfaction Survey (PSS)
- Distribute a PSS to patients and tally results
- Obtain results from contracted third-party payors and tally results
- Make improvements to your practice based on PSS results
- Complete disclosure or apology training
- Complete Empathetics™ online training
- Participate in Advanced Care Planning (ACP) training through your hospital affiliation or medical society and implement an ACP program in your practice
Claims Prevention Survey
- Complete a practice self-assessment and submit it to MIEC for review
- Undergo a PSRM Claims Prevention survey of your practice
- Demonstrate documentation or systems changes to your practice based on survey results
Call MIEC to speak with a PSRM team member for more information! Home office number: 510.428.9411 or 800.227.4527.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your contact information, and one of PSRM team members will contact you directly.
Notes: * The PSRM Premium Credit is applied to the $1M/$3M manual medical professional liability premium for individual physicians. ** Any of these activities completed since February 1, 2017 could qualify you for the 2018 Premium Credit.