MIEC issued its first policy to an Alaska physician in 1978 and have provided medical malpractice insurance here ever since. We are the largest insurer of physicians and surgeons in Alaska and the only carrier sponsored by the Alaska State Medical Association.
We recommend the following organizations as physician resources for better well-being. Both organizations are independent nonprofits that advocate for and offer programs that assist physicians in Alaska.
Alaska State Medical Association
A nonprofit organization, the Alaska State Medical Association (ASMA) advocates for the state’s physicians and for the health/well-being of all Alaskans.
ASMA is a federated chapter of the American Medical Association, which advocates for physicians on a federal level. ASMA offers membership to all physicians in Alaska. Aside from advocacy, ASMA publishes four periodicals including Alaska an annual Medical Directory that lists contact information for virtually every active physician in Alaska, a bimonthly newsletter, and an annual magazine titled Alaska Medicine.
- Nonprofit physician advocacy association
- Services all physicians in Alaska
- Offers membership to any Alaskan physician
- Is a federated chapter of the American Medical Association
|ADDRESS||4107 Laurel Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99508|
Physician Health Committee of Alaska
(Federation of State Physician Health)
The mission of the Federation of State Physician Health Programs (FSPHP) is “to support physician health programs in improving the health of medical professionals, thereby contributing to quality patient care.” The Physician Health Committee of Alaska (PHCA) is the Alaskan initiated state program for the FSPHP.
The FSPHP evolved from the American Medical Association (AMA) and individual state physician health program initiatives. These programs focus on the monitoring and rehabilitation of physicians with substance abuse disorders in addition to physical/mental illness. This led to the creation of the FSPHP; which carries out those objectives an independent, duly constituted professional, educational and nonprofit corporation with elected officers and a Board of Directors. After being initiated in several states, the FSPHP now has a membership of 47 state programs.
- PHCA programs focus on monitoring and rehabilitation of physicians with substance abuse disorders in addition to physical/mental illness
- Physician Health Committee of Alaska (PHCA) is the Alaskan initiated state program for the FSPHP
- FSPHP is the national organization that support programs for physician health that the health of medical professionals
- FSPHP evolved from the American Medical Association (AMA) and individual state physician health program initiatives
|ADDRESS||PO Box 110557, Anchorage, AK 99511-0557|