MIEC has been providing medical malpractice insurance in the Islands since 1981. We are the largest insurer of physicians and surgeons in Hawaii and the only carrier sponsored by the Hawaii Medical Association. To ensure a quick response, we have a local claims office in Honolulu.
We recommend the following organizations as physician resources for better well-being. Both organizations are independent nonprofits that advocate for and offer programs that assist physicians in Hawaii.
Hawaii Medical Association
The Hawaii Medical Association (HMA) is a membership organization consisting of volunteer professionals that serve physicians, their patients, and the community through representation, advocacy, and public service.
HMA was founded in 1856 and is a part of the American Medical Association, which is its parent organization. The HMA consists of five component medical societies, which operate independently though are unified as the HMA. The goals and purposes of the HMA are to promote the science and art of medicine and strive to improve public health, participate in the development of health policy for the state, provide information related to medicine, establish and maintain standards of professional conduct and performance, participate in evaluation and maintenance of standards for medical education, preserve high quality of care standards, and assist physicians in responding to the changing medical practice environment.
- HMA is a membership organization consisting of volunteer professionals that serve physicians, their patients, and the community through representation, advocacy, and public service
- HMA consists of five component medical societies, which operate independently though are unified as the HMA
- HMA is a part of the American Medical Association
- HMA assists physicians in responding to the changing medical practice environment
- HMA establishes and maintains standards of professional conduct and performance
|ADDRESS||1360 S Beretania St # 200, Honolulu, HI 96814|
Pu’ulu Lapa’au: The Hawaii Program for Healthcare Professionals
(Federation of State Physician Health)
The mission of the Federation of State Physician Health Programs (FSPHP) is “to support physician health programs in improving the health of medical professionals, thereby contributing to quality patient care.” Pu’ulu Lapa’au is the Hawaiian initiated state program for the FSPHP.
Pu‘ulu Lapa‘au is dedicated to helping Hawaiian healthcare professionals by offering services to reestablish and maintain the wellness of all medical professionals suffering from fatigue and substance abuse. This organization’s mission is to “promote patient safety and care by improving the health, well-being, and effectiveness of healthcare professionals.” This organization has broad experience helping physicians attain optimal wellness. The organizational objectives that guide both board of directors and staff are “to provide a path towards optimal health for our healthcare providers and to ensure the safety of our patients.”
- Pu‘ulu Lapa‘au offers services to reestablish and maintain the wellness of all medical professionals suffering from fatigue and substance abuse
- Pu‘ulu Lapa‘au is the Hawaiian initiated state program for the FSPHP
- FSPHP is the national organization that support programs for physician health that the health of medical professionals
- FSPHP evolved from the American Medical Association (AMA) and individual state physician health program initiatives
|ADDRESS||200 North Vineyard Blvd, Bldg B, Suite 271, Honolulu, HI 96817|